Registration is Now Open!
- The focus this fall is on CLAY – choose from 3 different classes, each focusing on a unique subject matter and inspiration
- All sessions meet once weekly from 4:15 -5:45. This include 4 days of clay work plus one glazing session.
- Location is at the historic Howland Cultural Center at 477 Main street in Beacon
- Cost is $150 which includes all materials and kiln firing fees
- All classes this fall are mixed ages (6-12)
- Check out the updated student art gallery HERE!
Art Class Schedule and Class Descriptions
Mythical Creatures in Clay
Tuesdays from October 17 through November 14
Magnificent monsters, dangerous dragons, & serpentine sea creatures! We’ll use clay hand-building techniques such as pinch, coil, texture, and more to create unique ceramic art inspired by ancient mythical stories and fantastic tall tales. Creations can be either fun (sculpture) or functional (think dragon teapot!) Students will sign up for a glazing day/time and their pieces will be ready within a couple of weeks. (no class on Halloween 10/31)
Mondays from October 30 through November 20
Cozy candle holders, holiday ornaments, Hanukkah menorahs and more! Join us in creating handmade ceramic objects for the home to make things just a little cozier during the holiday season. Students will design and create objects that will become a part of their traditional holiday celebration for years to come! Everyone will sign up for a glazing day/time and their pieces will be ready within two weeks..
Clay Cup & Mug Studio
Wednesdays from November 15 through December 13
We’ll design and build a set of mugs, cups or goblets for everyone to bring home and share in their family kitchen. A good drink needs a good cup, don’t you think? All pieces will be finished with non-toxic glazes. Students will sign up for a glazing day/time and their pieces will be ready within a couple of weeks.
Please choose your classes:
"*" indicates required fields